Location: King of Prussia, PA
Date: September 11, 2020
- Under the direction of the Store Manager, the Key Holder is responsible for driving sales, profitability, and customer satisfaction through selling, service, and people
- Manage Selling and Service Associates.
- Demonstrate integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promote the company culture, values, and mission
- Foster a positive work environment that encourages diversity, mutual respect, and teamwork and is free of discrimination and harassment.
- Understands and ensures proper security procedures are followed.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
A key holder is an acting member of the management team when the store manager and assistant managers are not in the store. A key holder is trained on all operational functions that the store manager and assistant managers are trained on, including opening and closing the store, administering returns and exchanges, setting sales goals, and dividing tasks among sales associates. A key holder is expected to be the link between the management team and the sales associates, assisting management to accomplish tasks such as store cleanings, merchandising, and motivating employees on the sales floor to help exceed goals. An ideal key holder is hardworking, a quick thinker, and friendly with excellent customer service skills. She also has a passion for the products and services that the brand provides.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Contribute to the ability of the store to achieve sales goals by engaging customer, knowing promotional initiatives and keeping current on product knowledge.
- Deliver the best possible customer experience by greeting, engaging and assisting customers in order to determine their needs and exceed their expectations.
- Motivate staff by promoting and developing a team atmosphere and provide constant feedback to management team. Set goals and objectives and monitor completion of projects by Sales Associates.
- Take part in manager and (periodic) store meetings to discuss initiatives, objectives, issues, tasks and responsibilities.
- Oversee sales floor when appointed as Manager on Duty
- Assist with training and development of current and new sales associates and help determine floor and project assignments
- Manage and drive the daily opening and closing procedures for the store including shipment, registers, and sales floor maintenance.
- Partner with store management to ensure store operational tasks are addressed and completed including replenishments, transfers, signage placement, floor moves and markdowns
- Collaborate with store management on completing merchandising initiatives and maintain high standards of visual presentation and overall brand experience with regard to signage, displays, sales floor organization, product placement and fixtures
- Manage general housekeeping and maintenance duties to ensure the store is maintained in an efficient, clean and safe manner at all times
- Provide loss prevention awareness to protect store assets and ensure a safe and secure work environment
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- At least one year of experience in a retail store
- High School degree/GED
- College degree, completed or still pursuing (Merchandising, Business, Marketing and/or related fields are a plus)
- Must be creative and demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit
- Proven leadership, motivational, and training abilities
- High energy and an enthusiasm for providing customer service
- A passion for the products and services the brand provides
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple big-picture priorities
- Works well in a team environment, as well as independently with the ability to execute direction.