Location: New York, New York
Date: February 27, 2020
POSITION SUMMARY: The eCommerce Director is responsible for the site experience for: Wacoal-america.com, btemptd.wacoal-america.com, and Wacoal.ca.
Reporting directly to the VP Marketing & eCommerce, this person will be an outstanding leader who possesses the ability to influence across the organization, lead cross-functional initiatives, and is motivated to continuously improve and innovate the performance and user experience of the Wacoal America eCommerce product.
The eCommerce Director is responsible for running, growing and optimizing all eCommerce-related business functions.
This individual is the key stakeholder in site experience and performance marketing tactics. This role is tasked with overseeing all website promotional strategy and calendar, site merchandising and optimization, and traffic strategies for the website. This role also leads the brand’s eCommerce customer service team to ensure high quality user experience.
REPORTS TO: VP of Marketing and eCommerce
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Manage all aspects of the eCommerce platform and integrations, work cross functionally to ensure operational efficiency, and continuously improve site functionality and operations to deliver world class service.
- Direct the eCommerce channel’s sales, productivity, and profitability through analysis, ideation, and management.
- Serve as a model for leadership. Develop direct reports into the next generation of leaders.
- Direct Customer Service team to manage all CS activities including order processing, refund management, and all client communication methods via phone, email, and chat.
- Utilize data to inform decisions on all marketing spend and promotional weight
- Provide analytics on effectiveness of customer acquisition strategies, constantly testing and tuning.
- Develop plan for and manage all eCommerce ROI marketing programs including the areas of SEO, paid search, retargeting, display ads, email marketing, affiliate marketing, syndication of content into paid channels etc.
- Devise and lead email communications program ensuring they drive sales and brand engagement.
- Partner with Social Media on developing key media campaigns, and with other marketing and sales teams in driving new customer acquisition
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to support and execute on joint initiatives:
- Operations: Support back-end integrations with 3rd party partners
- Marketing: Execute seasonal promotions, support seasonal campaigns; funnel optimization for digital marketing and CRM
- Merchandising: Collaborate on merchandising strategy and storytelling, support regular inventory drops
- Develop a strong data analysis culture for all marketing and email activities to improve customer engagement, acquisition, and site conversion.
- Continuously test and refine user experience using funnel optimization, segmentation, and intelligent merchandising techniques to hit KPI targets
- Coordinate with the Executive Management team to define the corporate eCommerce strategy
- Analyze and assess the effectiveness of all existing operations and current needs based on new technology and market competition
- Strategize set up assortment of products including pricing, styles, merchandise mix, number of assortments, etc.
- Oversee the day to day eCommerce operations, maintenance, and performance measurement of the customer sites which includes working with merchandising, sourcing and sales teams to conduct sales analysis based on historic sales data and new business/merchandise insights.
- Oversee management and administration of our HCL Websphere (previously known as IBM Aurora) of sites (US + Canada)
- Other Duties as assigned
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years of eCommerce experience required
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Entrepreneurial mindset and collaborative style; demonstrated track record of consistently achieving results within a fast-paced environment
- Must be well-versed in customer acquisition and retention techniques with a proven track record in driving significant traffic and sales growth.
- Highly analytical, able to draw conclusions from sales reports, web analytics, and other systems.
- Proven ability to work with external technology and design partners
- Comprehensive knowledge of the digital landscape and KPI’s, digital marketing, eCommerce and brand strategies, with the ability to apply this knowledge to solve complex problems successfully
- Excellent verbal and written communications, command and persuasion skills
- Outstanding leadership skills. Proven ability to coach/mentor and bring forward the best in others
- Business planning and eCommerce strategy development
- Must understand online merchandising and be able to manage their own business and inventory
- Flexibility to adapt to changes in shifting priorities
- High energy and hands on attitude with a clear bias for action; solution orientation and getting things done
- Ability to work well across the organization and with 3rd parties.